Mexican Cucumber Salad
We LOVE cucumbers! Sometimes we feel a little overwhelmed with all the cucumbers that come all at once - here is a great and festive way to enjoy them! We found this recipe on allrecipes.com.
A combination of cool and crunchy vegetables with a zap of crushed red pepper and other seasonings
• 1 medium cucumber, cut in half, seeds removed and chopped
• 1 (420g) can corn kernels, drained
• 2 large tomatoes, chopped
• 1 green capsicum, chopped
• 1 red capsicum, chopped
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 2-3 teaspoons dried crushed red chillies or flakes
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• handful fresh chopped coriander
In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, corn, tomatoes, green capsicum, red capsicum and red wine vinegar. Season with remaining ingredients. Cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.