ACTIVE TIME: 45
TOTAL TIME: 55 MIN
* 2 fennel bulbs (172 pounds), trimmed and cut into ½-inch wedges
* 1 pound carrots (about 10 medium), trimmed and halved lengthwise
* 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch wedges, root end left intact
* 12 garlic cloves, peeled
* 5 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
* 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil coarse salt and ground pepper
* 6 bone-in pork loin chops
* (1 inch thick; 6 to B ounces each) lemon wedges, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 450*.
2. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss fennel, carrots, onion, and garlic with 3 tablespoons oregano and 4 tablespoons oil;season with salt and pepper. Roast until vegetables are tender and browned in spots, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Season pork chops with salt and pepper and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons oregano.
4. In batches, cook until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer 2 pork chops and 1 cup roasted vegetables to separate airtight containers; refrigerate, up to 3 days.
5. Serve 4 pork chops with remaining vegetables and lemon wedges.
per serv:321 cal:22 g fat (5 g sat fat); 18 9 protein; 15g carb;4g fiber
Good with grilled or broiled salmon or sea bass, or roasted chicken -