Summer is such a wonderful time for zucchini! There is so much available and it is a great crop! We absolutely adore zucchini and this zucchini recipe we got from www.cooks.com is simply delightful!
• 3 large zucchini (cubed with peel on)
• 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
• 16 oz. shredded cheese
• 1 can cream of celery soup
• 2 eggs (beaten)
• 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 3 cups bread crumbs
• 1 stick butter, melted
1. Cook zucchini and onion in enough salted water to cover, just until slightly tender.
2. Drain and add next 5 ingredients and mix well. Pour 1/2 into 15x11x2 casserole. Stir butter into bread crumbs and sprinkle 1/2 on first layer of zucchini mixture.
3. Repeat layers.
4. Bake at 350°F for 35 to 45 minutes.